Thursday 2 June 2011

Lauren's Canvas

I've finally managed to upload the images I've taken of a project which I completed at home at Easter on my phone. The images aren't great quality and don't do the project justice. It's a canvas I created for my little niece Lauren for her bedroom. I started off with a cheap wooden frame which I bought from ikea I painted it using acrylic paints. I then used a 12x12 canvas painting it similar tones of pink to the wooden frame. I then played with scraps of papers from the DCWV Nanna's Nursery paper stack to add behind the frame and to make the bunting. I used a ball tool to round each flag and added silicone in behind. I had to have a play with my new Tim Holtz rosette die to make the flowers. The chipboard letters I covered in one of the papers and I used a scrap of torn mulberry paper to make the ruffled material in behind the letters. I then embellished the rest of the composition with some buttons, ribbons and brads from my stash.





What makes this creation so perfect is the photo which I took of Lauren, by complete chance the dress she is wearing is made up of little triangles just like the bunting! I've since made this design again with a friend for her granddaughter Tilly. I cant wait to make a baby blue version for Lauren's little brother Todd.

No comments:

Post a Comment