Sunday 19 June 2011

Father's Day Take 2



I have finally finished making my 4th card of the day and it's been the one that took the longest. It's for a dear friend's 60th birthday on Tuesday. It's too late to photograph it now so I'll take pictures tomorrow in daylight and upload it tomorrow I', really pleased with it. I'll leave you with the other father's day card which I made this year for my bf's dad. He's big into cars so a used some Kanban clear stamps which I've had a while but not had a reason to play with. I coloured the car in with promarkers and used glossy acents to add closs the the fender, lights, window and mirrors. I cut the letters out of black cardstock and added white markings and cat's eyes with gem stones. I made my own little traffic signs with card and coctail sticks, to share the sentiment 'Happy Father's Day' which is what I think really makes this card. I was looking for yellow ribbon as I was going to colour in black stripes on it to make it look like the hazard tape police use on the road and feed it inbetween the signs but I couldn't find any in my stash. I'm really pleased with this card and think I'm going to get organised and make a different version of it for each of ny 6 brothers for their next birthdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment